Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back to the drawing board....

Someone else's little taste of Simplicity
Stripped and refinished one of them and it needs to be darker
wasn't real fond of the stain I had chose....the one with the
Polyurethane already in it...YUCK....Not for me and clearly
 not for this beautiful piece of furniture...It went on really thick
so I stained and then wiped it down
(which is a process I love doing it shows the true beauty of the wood)....
If I would of went with my gut and bought the regular stain it would
of turned out perfect the first time
LESSON LEARNED :)


 Both Before
Left is the same - Right is redone

Original

 Refinished

NOTE TO SELF WEAR GLOVES WHEN STAINING (DUHHH)
AND
NEVER BUY STAIN WITH POLYUETHANE ALREADY IN IT (YUCK)
It did turn out beautiful....just not dark enough
2nd times a charm....right?!?!?!
Thank God I learn from my mistakes :)
Except the glove thingy (?!?!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment